Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Disgaea 3 First Impressions




Oh, NicoVideo never fails me! ♥ (If you want to watch the scene, you must have a NicoVideo account. I'm sorry!)



Thoughts : [Light Spoilers?]

Mao is late for school, but he's almost done reading his Legend of the Hero comicbook. He seems really into it, until he slams it down and yells that he finally understands. He wants to become a hero in order to defeat his old man. The prinnies are startled by this, they just came in to tell their young master (bo-chama!) that he's late for class ... yet I somehow get the feeling that's nothing new.

Jiiya seems to be quite happy with Mao's reasoning and decides to help. You go, Jiiya! You go! Before Mao's able to run off and do anything, though- Jiiya makes sure he has henchmen to help him. All good students should be ready for anything, of course.

Jiiya's voice completely took me by surprise. I certainly wasn't expecting that level of pitch when I pictured Jiiya. He's quite comical.

Mao's voice, on the other hand... wow. I'm not sure what to say, his voice actor definitively has "obsessive" down to a notch. His Haa-Haa (which sounds more like a Aah-- haaaah ) is definitively something I'll remember well. Honestly, it sounds like Mao gets a little too excited about information pertaining to heroes. That's not... exactly a good thing. (Justice...! LOVEEEE....!!! No, Mao. Honey- stop. You'll give the neighbors bad ideas.)

I absolutely love the base theme. Is that Mao singing? It certainly sounds like his voice actor. I can't wait to see more scenes, my copy of the game itself won't arrive for a while, so I'll do my best to wait patiently.

(Jiiya is level 100. Machiko-sensei is level 500. Wow, I guess she's a teacher for a reason.)

HIGHLIGHT FOR POSSIBLE SPOILERS :
NicoVideo members think that Jiiya will be the final boss. HAHA. I seriously think Jiiya is somehow "evil", I'm not sure why - perhaps it's the ingrained thought that "The Butler Did It". Perhaps I've been reading too much Alfred Hitchcock? That might be a case... but he does seem sort of suspicious, do you not agree?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's always, always the butler. <.<

But the guy agrees that to defeat his dad he has to become a hero? That's strange.