Thursday, February 7, 2008

Chapter 4 [END]



It's been a while, I apologize. I've been trying to get as much of the story done as possible, but I may have perhaps bitten more off than I could chew. I wasn't expecting a lot of things in this game, certainly not the depth of developement that the characters go through. Chapter 4, "The Hero Almaz" is definitively a very long and arduous chapter, but it sheds a lot of light and growth on both Mao and Almaz.

Recap of the Chapters, if you will.

Spoilers


1. Mao and Almaz's introduction. Mao knocks Almaz out, steals his title, and proceeds to go beat up his dad with it. Finding out he can't just use the title alone, they must travel to the Heart Bank and enter his heart.

2. The Heart Bank, def. a chapter I wasn't expecting. Having to enter Mao's heart and see his fragments speak to him... and to meet Mao's "true feelings" was a very interesting (albeit strange) thing to do. Seeing how Mao reacts to situations... he's really emotional. When he finds out that Almaz isn't a real hero, he dubs him ニセ勇者 (fake hero) and forever calls him that haha. Then having to go get the Dragon's Egg and meet Champloo-sensei... this game has some strange moments, indeed.

3. The PTA. What can I say? Almaz, Kyoko, and Asuka beg Mao to help Raspberyl out. After being kidnapped and having fake versions of her out ... I have no idea what the hell the PTA was trying to do in this chapter. It's very odd. \O_o/ Delicious male archers.

4. PRINCESS SAPPHIRE. My goodness, you're a violent one, aren't you? Poor Almaz~... now tell me, why do you start the game out with a gun? I - ... a gun? Sorry, you're getting an axe. That's just weird... why do Almaz and Sapphire have gun proficiencies?! It seems they're from a rather advance world, actually. I figured if there were games and anime... and Almaz knows what a plug is... huh. Almaz DOES have modern clothes, but I can't say the same for princess. I guess... when I hear 'princess' I automatically assume fantasy-esque human worlds.

Ah! Anyway! This is a great chapter (even if Almaz gets terribly abused by the princess). It shows a lot of developement for the main characters, and Almaz gives up his title for Mao's sake. I was really moved by this~ In his heart, he'll be a true hero! Good luck, Almaz! I believe in you!! ♥


/Spoilers

I've been tinkering in the Academy World for a bit, it's actually really fun but SO VERY TIME CONSUMING. I have up to Giga Ice with Mao, he has Fire and he has Heal now, but oh man... in order to get the rest of the skills he's going to need a LOT of mana. This is going to be rather difficult... yare yare.

I'm going to take a moment to pause the game's story in order to level this weekend. I got Mao to level 40, reincarnated him, and now he's back to 28. Almaz will be next, I-... I've been neglecting my Warriors too. That's not good! I love Warriors, but Archers are so much more effective here. Don't worry, Finnegan! I won't let you fall behind!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why does Mao look so different in that picture?