Friday, February 1, 2008

Special Ending | Chapter 2

There's an ending you can get in one of the early chapters.
Please be aware This contains cast spoilers as well as a Character Ending Spoiler

Character Ending - Chapter 2

SPOILERS / ネタバレ

---


When you fight Raspberyl in this chapter, you have a chance of getting a game over. If you lose to her, you get a special ending in which she takes Almaz (Mao's vassal) from Mao and the game ends with a history of the School and what happens with Raspberyl in charge (?). It's very frightening, I saw things that spoke of tomato juice and... I don't want to imagine the evils she creates!

That's about it. It also shows all of the people who've worked on the game in English. Basically, there's no cameos listed other than the ones on the cover. Perhaps there's more but they're not voiced? I don't really know... anyway, I'm a little 'blah' that Ash isn't in the game-- his voice actor is Almaz! That's really not fair~

Oh well, that's something we can't change.
I like how there's English names for everyone already!
Mister Big Star~ Salvatore the Magnificent! Remember, Mister is a part of Big Star's name!

Though, I really don't agree on the translations for Asuka and Kyoko. It's like they ran those through a quick translator... everyone else's name is fine though. Mr. Champloo, Almaz, Mao, Raspberyl~ I'm glad they're not funky.

Anyway, seeing poor Almaz getting kidnapped by Raspberyl was quite enjoyable.


---

Chapter 2 has ... really sad music. I don't- I felt really sad in the ココロ銀行 (Heart Bank). I do like the NPC that takes you there, though. Mostly because her name is almost the same as my own. (Angelina ---> Angelica !? Make it happen, NISAmerica!)

A-Anyway. Here are my thoughts on it.

SPOILERS / ネタバレ

---


Inside of Mao's heart, Almaz finds and picks up one of Mao's memories. Mao yells at him for doing so, but suddenly they're transported to a memory in which Mao and Raspberyl talk. Mao seems agitated at her because she wants to become a delinquent, Raspberyl seems to enjoy it though. She's trying to be nice, but she knows she's grating on Mao's nerves. She doesn't think it's cool to just be an honor student, I believe. I get the feeling that Raspberyl wants to be a demon in her own away, I love her for it. She is rather unique, don't you think?

Almaz makes a comment that she's a good person (demon). Mao scoffs at this and- suddenly! Raspberyl appears out of no where and wants to take Almaz off of Mao's hands. Almaz hesitates and tells her not to worry while Mao yells that Almaz isn't even a real hero. He's a fake! Raspberyl kind of scoffs at this and -still- wants to take Almaz off of his hands, so battle begins! Raspberyl vs. Mao for the grand prize! (Almaz).

Hilarity.

If you defeat her, you'll progress.
If you lose, you'll get one of the endings. Raspberyl's Ending.

Aha. I quite enjoyed it.



---

I do wish to talk about the Soundtrack a little. I do believe this game has the best soundtrack out of all the Nippon Ichi titles. I'm enjoying it immensely. Do be aware I will rip it once I get a chance to. So look out for it!

No comments: